找回密码
 注册Reg
搜索
查看: 2816|回复: 1

关于超重客户的体能训练二

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-10-14 19:02:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Developing Confidence
Obese clients need to be confident that you won't hurt them and confident that they won't hurt themselves. Proper exercise choices will increase confidence. Fancy things like single leg exercises should come much later. Remember, with overweight clients there is a huge psychological component. It's like hooking a big fish ( no pun intended). You need to keep it on the line. How do we develop this confidence, by encouraging success. Avoid floor exercises. Getting up and down from the floor is hard work for an overweight client.
Breaking the Warm-up Rule
I have always said that a walking warmup was like stealing money from a client. However it's OK for an overweight client to walk for 5 minutes to warm-up. I think a client in a normal weight range should begin every workout with foam rolling, stretching and a dynamic warm-up but an overweight client will be fine just walking. From there you can progress to simple standing warm-up exercises like mini-band walks, band pull-aparts and med ball circuits. For med ball circuits it's more rule busting and improper progressions. When we do our med ball work with our overweight clients we start standing and stay standing.
Designing the Strength Workout for the Obese Client
The primary goal for an overweight client is to keep them moving for an hour. This means that the strength routine should consist of mini circuits of four exercises. Each circuit should consist of:
• A push- modified pushup, pushup, band press
• A knee dominant exercise- bench squats or box squats. ROM first, resistance second
• A pull- band row, pulldowns
• A hip dominant - 2 leg bridge
The circuits don't need to be done fast. Start with one circuit of ten reps each and add one per day. Work up to four circuits. Let the client determine the pace in the beginning but, stay with the goal of keeping them moving for an hour. The first few workouts may take less time. Overweight clients may not be able to handle an hour of activity but, have that as your goal. If the client finishes early, simply set the treadmill and allow them to walk for the remainder of the hour .
Conclusion
Helping my friend Hank lose over 100 lbs was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. It was life changing for Hank and life changing for me. An overweight person has to ready to become a client. If an overweight friend reaches out to you because they know you are in the fitness field, jump on the opportunity. What you will learn will improve their life and, will improve your own. The one good thing shows like The Biggest Loser have done is empower overweight clients to believe they can lose weight. Our job is to help them do it correctly and most important to keep the weight off.
To learn more and to see this in lecture format you can order Training the OverWeight client, a 50 minute lecture presenation given at the Perform Better Summits in 2009.

该贴已经同步到 601023766的微博

评分

参与人数 1金钱 +3 收起 理由
admin + 3

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-10-14 19:10:05 | 显示全部楼层
不懂英文,555555。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册Reg

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版Mobile|体能论坛 ( 粤ICP备15092216号-2 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-26 10:23 , Processed in 0.045211 second(s), 21 queries .